Pacific Legal Foundation—the nation’s first and most successful public interest law firm dedicated to vindicating individual liberty—seeks an experienced and committed Events Manager to join the outreach team at PLF, developing strategy and overseeing logistics for events, conferences, and speaking engagements that advance PLF’s legal, public education, and legislative goals.
The outreach team is a new capability, part of our strategic plan to define the next generation public interest law firm. Reporting to the Outreach Director, Rachel Swaffer, the Events Manager will develop and execute a plan for strategic events and conference attendance, identifying and capitalizing on opportunities for PLF to contribute to the national conversation on PLF’s areas of expertise. The primary job duties are:
- Driving PLF’s conference & events strategy, coordinating activities across departments and functions with a particular emphasis on brand elevation, case support, and issue education.
- Managing all logistics and coordination for external PLF events.
- Coordinating PLF’s activities at conferences.
- Deploying conference- and event-reporting processes that allow for strategic recommendations and decision-making processes.
- Overseeing mass outreach communications, including event communications.
- Managing outreach contacts and related data.
The Events Manager is responsible for developing and executing these projects in coordination with the rest of the outreach team and other departments across the organization (litigation, legislative, communications, and fundraising). The right candidate will need a high degree of entrepreneurship and initiative to develop and execute events that promote PLF’s cutting-edge litigation and policy goals. Finally, the manager must possess an understanding of and appreciation for the importance of protecting individuals from unconstitutional government. In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- 3–5 years’ experience in events strategy, outreach, and/or project management.
- The ability to work quickly, and under tight deadlines.
- The ability to coordinate actions among multiple stakeholders (internal and external) and juggle multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Impeccable organization skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the liberty movement and demonstrated interest in contemporary policy discussions.
- A commitment to excellence.
- Grace under pressure.
Pacific Legal Foundation identifies and litigates important legal issues to set landmark precedents that will benefit Americans nationwide. Using strategic and principled litigation, communications, and research, we battle for freedom in the nation’s courts and the court of public opinion. Our attorneys have ten victories before the U.S. Supreme Court—a record unmatched by anyone in the liberty movement—plus additional cases currently before the High Court with decisions pending. Simply put, we know how to get cases to the Supreme Court, and we know how to win.
As a national nonprofit organization, PLF has offices in Sacramento, CA; Arlington, VA; Palm Beach Gardens, FL; and Bellevue, WA. We prefer that the Events Manager either work from or occasionally spend time in the Arlington, VA, office, but outstanding candidates may also work in other offices.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Résumé, including your experience in the liberty movement and relevant professional experience.
- Cover letter explaining why PLF is the place for you, why you want to fight for liberty, and what distinguishes you from typical applicants.
- Please include “[Job Title]–[Your Name]” in the subject line of your email. In the email body, indicate your compensation requirements.
- Materials should be emailed to Dawn Gonzales, Director of Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
This is a full-time, permanent position. PLF is committed to recruiting and retaining the highest quality talent available nationwide, and we offer a total compensation package that includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, and employer-paid retirement savings. We take work-life balance seriously through our generous paid leave and flextime policies. We have a flexible, collaborative, positive, and collegial work environment. We take pride in investing in your future and encourage internal advancement. PLF is the place for someone principled, tenacious, and determined to succeed in positively shaping the future of our country and restoring real limits on government power. Join us.