Recapping our Obamacare preview so far
In the run-up to the oral arguments in the Obamacare cases, I’ve been doing a series of posts explaining the issues involved. The first installments are listed below; the rest are coming each day between now and the arguments, which begin on Monday.
- What to look for in the Obamacare arguments
- First things first: Obamacare and standing
- Obamacare and the Tax Anti-Injunction Act
- Obamacare’s main event: the constitutionality of the Individual Mandate
- Is Obamacare’s Individual Mandate an exercise of the taxing power?
- Even in the Mirror Universe, Obamacare is unconstitutional
What to read next
PLF asks the U.S. Supreme Court to rule that there is no “legislative exception” to the unconstitutional conditions doctrine
It seems that some governments and courts prefer to treat Supreme Court precedent as an option, rather than a requirement. The Supreme Court has ruled—twice—that it’s unconstitutional for government to … ›